Instagram @ lovethekisses

Monday, April 7, 2014

Hoopla @ Infinite Studios | Two Chefs

Met up with Jo and Marsha last Wednesday for an impromptu pre-dinner session @ Hoopla, this ultra ulu place (Jo: "No, not just because it's in the West." hahaha) located in an office building. It was so inaccessible that I accepted the offer from a really nice lorry driver to drive me to the entrance LOL:







It was bigger than I've expected and I really love the pretty interior!:

















Truffle Parmesan Fries (S$11) - not very truffle-y in my opinion, but still pretty addictive:



Spiced Steak Face Up Sandwich (S$16) - love how open-faced sandwiches make eating them less messy. The beef cubes are nicely spiced and the fries are decent as well, BUT - the beef cubes are waaaay too dry and tough it is almost impossible to chew them :( Jo named them Bouncy Beef Balls lolol:





Full English (S$18) - with a choice of poached/sunny side-up/scrambled eggs, sautéed potatoes, mushrooms, chicken sausage, toast, grilled tomatoes and vinaigrette greens. I was quite disappointed with the portion (especially of the eggs and greens) when it arrived because I was expecting something more given the price. The individual items taste pretty good though, and I like how the toast is slightly sweet and buttery:












Hoopla
21 Media Circle, #01-05
Infinite Studios, Singapore 138562

Mon: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Tue: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Wed - Fri: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Sat - Sun: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Tel: +65 6778 0051

-------------

After 1.5 hours, it was time for our actual dinner at 2 Chefs @ Commonwealth with Collin and Yuki!:



Drunken Cockles (S$6) - my favourite dish! I've been loving this since my 1st trip here and I get occasional cravings for them haha. Served cold and made with rice wine, these cockles are salty, spicy and garlicky at the same time!:



Sambal Kang Kong (S$8) - I hate Kang Kong so no comments for this haha. I don't know why but they are really vomit-inducing for me:



Coffee Pork Ribs (S$10) - ribs coated with fragrant coffee sauce and sesame seeds. The skin's crispy and sweet and the meat is really tender:



Salted Egg Yolk Prawns (~S$20) - these aren't stated in the menu, but you can actually request for them! :9 There's also the option of having them de-shelled which of course we agreed haha. Would prefer if the salted egg yolk taste was stronger though. My friends thought I was crazy when I said I couldn't really taste it....... hahahaha what I meant was I wanted more of it lah:



Prawn Paste Chicken (S$8) - a disappointment because they taste like typical fried chicken wings - there isn't any hint of prawn paste :( But unlike the above situation, this time it wasn't just me who said that lolol.



Butter/Milk Powder Pork Ribs (S$8) - one of their signature dishes, this is served with condensed milk powder which tastes sweet and buttery. However the powder is a little too much it becomes overwhelming for me. I actually prefer their Coffee Pork Ribs!:




Two Chefs
116 Commonwealth Crescent, #01-129, Singapore 140116

Mon: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Tue - Sun: 11:30am - 2:30pm / 5:00pm - 11:30pm
(Closed on every last Monday of the month)
Tel: +65 64725361

----------------------

Had a photoshoot for Innershine last Tuesday with Si Min, and here are some of OOTD shots behind-the-scenes! :)





Signature smile. Can't seem to smile in some other way w/o looking weird.

No comments :

Post a Comment