Instagram @ lovethekisses

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

PODI @ Raffles City | Carvers & Co.

My family and I had lunch at PODI one day after supporting my brother at his very 1st Dancesport competition! I really miss doing competitive Latin, but this mid-foot injury of mine is never gonna recover completely :'(







Truffle Fries (S$12) - these are pretty impressive as the truffle taste is really strong, despite looking otherwise haha:



Mussels in Garlic Butter Sauce (S$10) - one of our favourite dishes that day! My family (except my brother) loves seafood and these didn't disappoint. The garlic butter sauce is so yummy:





Duck Berry Waffle (S$18) - comprises of waffle, duck leg confit, sunny side-up egg, blueberry compote and honey mustard. The duck leg is really tender on the inside, and though the waffle isn't the usual fluffy type, I think its softness goes pretty well with the crispy exterior of the duck. The blueberry compote injects an interesting dimension to this dish as well. I really love the clean-cut presentation too:





Creamy Prawn & Poached Egg Pasta (S$16) - choice of spaghetti/linguine/fettuccine with white sauce, prawns and parmesan cheese. I don't usually take creamy pasta but I really liked this as it isn't too rich! I kept asking my Mum for more heheh :9





The Works (S$18) - eggs done your way (scrambled/poached/sunny side-up), with bratwurst, chorizo, crispy bacon, sautéed mushrooms, spinach brioche, roasted tomato and mesclun salad. Your typical breakfast set, but the spinach brioche's a 1st for me and it actually tastes pretty good:





Eggs Benedict (S$20) - served 2 ways: poached egg with smoked salmon & avocado on one, and poached egg with smoked ham on the other spinach brioche. This is great for those who can't make up their mind because you get to have both ham and salmon! :9





Ginger Miso Duck Confit (S$22) - served with with warm baby potatoes & fennel salad, and side salad with zesty yuzu dressing:









They were having a promotion for MasterCard holders with a minimum spending of S$50, so we got to enjoy a complimentary slice of cake worth S$5.50-S$5.80!

Carrot Cake (S$5.50):



Earl Grey Bundt Cake (~S$6.50) - I love anything earl grey, and this is no exception. I would prefer it without the icing sugar on top though as it makes the whole cake a little too sweet. This is served with Vanilla Bean ice-cream on the side:












PODI
Raffles City Shopping Centre, #B1-45,
Singapore 179103

Weekdays: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Weekends: 9:00am - 10:00pm
Tel: +65 6336 5648

-------------

And this was dinner at Carvers & Co with @alainlicious after a tasting session at Din Tai Fung!:









Flat White and Cafe Mocha:





Truffle Fries - these aren't truffle-y enough and they're a little too oily:



Truffled-Egg-in-the-Hole (S$15) - similar to One Man Coffee's Toad-in-the-Hole, this is also served with candied bacon and bacon jam. The toast is slightly on the dry side but I really loved the candied bacon:








Carvers & Co.
43 East Coast Road, Singapore 428764

Tues - Sun: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Tel: +65 6348 0448

No comments :

Post a Comment