Instagram @ lovethekisses

Friday, August 22, 2014

Curbside Cafe @ Biopolis Road | Baker & Cook

Had brunch one Sunday with my parents @ Curbside Cafe:











Cafe Mocha (S$5):



Corned Beef Hash (S$12) - served with poached eggs and toasted sourdough. The corned beef hash portion is generous - too generous in fact hahaha there's actually a whole lot buried beneath the eggs. There's too few sourdough to complement it so it gets quite salty after awhile. Still good though!:



Bacon Corn Tomato (S$12) - this dish is basically scrambled eggs with bacon, corn and tomatoes. Very tasty, but there could be more bacon pieces. We also think that given the simplicity of this dish, it isn't worth paying S$12 for:



French Toast (S$14) - 3 slices of french toasts with orange yogurt and seasonal berries. My parents and I liked this - the toasts are soft and slightly chewy, overall the dish is sweet but contains a little tanginess from the orange peels:





RVCB (S$10) - homemade Red Velvet Cheesecake / chocolate brownie. I love this combination as it is really unique! The brownie is moist and dense, and the Madagascar Vanilla Bean ice-cream that comes with it is really yummy too:








Curbside Cafe
21 Biopolis Road, Nucleos
#01-21, Singapore 138567

Mon - Tue: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Thu - Sat: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Sun: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tel: +65 8181 1805


Dressed for National Day but I was a day late hahaha:











--------------------------

Treated my Mum to lunch at Baker & Cook @ Chip Bee Gardens the other day! Have always wanted to try this but somehow ended elsewhere everytime haha.





Cafe Latte (S$5):



Eggs Benedict with Salmon (S$19) - two poached eggs served on toasted B&C Pain Miche Bread, topped with hollandaise sauce + a hint of balsamic glaze + chilli oil. I've never eaten a 'spicy' eggs benedict before, and this was a first! Took me some time to get used to the peppery sauce but I grew to like it after awhile. The bread's a little hard for my liking but my Mum loved it a lot so she ate the other piece hahah:





Pancakes Stack (S$17) - 3 slices of pancakes served with a compote of caramelized apples, Greek yoghurt and lashings of homemade toffee sauce. The pancakes are a little bland and dry, but the apples make up for them as they are really moist, crunchy and sweet. The sauce doesn't really taste like toffee to me though, and the yogurt's pretty redundant imo hahaha:





French Toast (S$16) - new on the menu: thick toasts served with almond, berries, lemon curd, mascarpone and maple syrup. My Mum and I loved this! The toasts are soft and fluffy, and I like how the almonds go with them. The lemon curd is soooooo good too. Oh, and Baker & Cook's raspberry jam is to-die-for as well!! We couldn't stop taking spoons after spoons of it:








Baker & Cook
44 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-56
Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278116

Sun - Thurs: 7:30am - 8:00pm
Fri & Sat: 7:30am - 10:00pm
Tel: +65 6472 0998


And this was my outfit for that day! Relaxed-fit V-neck Tee c/o All Would Envy:







No comments :

Post a Comment