Instagram @ lovethekisses

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Paddy Hills @ South Buona Vista Road

Mid-March: Brunch-ed @ Paddy Hills with my parents:







Rise & Grind!:













We decided to have some cakes to start off since we were told that our food would take about 30 mins to arrive. It is probably one of the shortest waiting times already because I've heard they can get up to 40-60 minutes?! I don't think I have the patience to wait that long......



We got the Thai Tea Cake (~S$6) and Earl Grey Cake (~S$6), both of which were really yummy and we devoured them. So much for killing time with these cakes hahaha:



Yuzu Effervescence (S$7) - with fresh yuzu juice, infused plum sugar, hokkaido sugar & Tahitian vanilla extract. Easily one of the most popular drinks here as it was really zesty and refreshing!:



Iced Chocolate (S$7.50) - made using artisanal chocolate from Chocolate Naive, it was pretty bitter at first but tasted okay after awhile:



Cauliflower Fritters (S$12) - was looking forward to this but it didn't excite me as much as I thought it would haha. Probably cos they were a little bland... but I enjoyed their crunchiness!:



Asian Brick ($18) - consists of brûlée brioche french toasts (the rounded bun-like bread), goreng pisang, purple sweet potatoes, yam ice-cream, gula melaka, butternut squash puree and marcona almonds.
We weren't expecting the dish to look like this as it seemed to be more like a dessert than breakfast food haha. I liked it a lot though! It has such a strange combination of components but individually they tasted really really good, especially the french toasts and sweet potatoes:





Potato & Fish (S$22) - with rosti, seared sea bass, sauteed mushrooms and a sunny side-up in bagna cauda sauce (a combination of garlic, anchovies and cream). The rosti and sea bass were crispy and flavourful, but I thought the portion was too small for its price:





Orange Ricotta Pillows (S$18) - thick fluffy pancakes with orange caramel, citrus salad, crushed pistachios and coconut ice-cream. I loved everything about this - citrusy, sweet and salty at the same time. I'm not a fan of coconut, but I love coconut ice-cream and this was really rich!:





OOTD:






Paddy Hills
38 South Buona Vista Road, Singapore 118164

Daily: 9:30am - 10:00pm
Tel: +65 6479 0800

No comments :

Post a Comment