Instagram @ lovethekisses

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

[REVIEW] 8 Crabs Seafood Kitchen

My family is a huge fan of crabs (actually food in general hahaha) so I was thrilled when 8 Crabs Seafood Kitchen delivered some to my house! This came at a great time because I have so many food cravings that I can't satisfy during this Circuit Breaker period.

8 Crabs is the only company in Singapore that uses grade AAA premium Sri Lankan sourced wild crabs, which means their crabs are meatier, tastier, bigger, and less watery. To ensure freshness and quality taste, these crabs are caught, flown, prepared and delivered to consumers within 12 hours.



I was half expecting the food (especially the crabs) to be 'messy' because of the gravy and all, but I love how they were packed so neatly in clean containers it was already a feast for my eyes before I even started. Everything was also still nice and warm!





Some crab facts for you! Crabs naturally travel about 500m every night and prefer to live alone, but they are often bred in a confined space in order to be profitable. This causes them to get stressed very easily in captivity as many farms cannot replicate their natural habitat, causing the crabs to produce ammonia, which is a sign of decomposition of seafood.
Most restaurants purchase these farmed crabs because they are cheaper and as a result, highly fragrant gravies are used to cover up the ammonia smell.
HOWEVER, the crabs from 8 Crabs do not have ammonia taste or smell because they are wild crabs instead of farmed ones! ;)


Here's a Singaporean must-order: Award-Winning Chilli Crab - Large 600-800g (S$75) - the gravy was rich, with a great blend of sweet and savoury. The spiciness level was very mild, maybe a 1.5 upon 5 ? Which might not be enough for those who are looking for a spicy kick like my Mum, but this was good enough for me haha:



Look at that juicy pincer! Pincers are my favourite part of the crab.



Eating chill crabs will never be complete without some Fried Man Tou - set of 5 (S$9) to dip in the sauce!
The buns were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, and somehow they went especially well with the chill crab sauce. I mean they always do, but this set was like THE perfect pairing for me:



Andddd... my favourite cooking style has always been with salted egg! Here's their Award-Winning Salted Egg Crab - Large 600-800g (S$75) - the creaminess and fragrance of the salted egg sauce was just right for me, it got so addictive I couldn't help finishing the sauce (I like how there were also salted egg bits which added on to the texture) even after the crab was gone.
I think I devoured most of the content in this container hahaha.

My Mum: "This doesn't look as appealing as the Chilli Crab, but wah it's actually quite yummy!"





Bean Sprout with Salted Fish - Small (S$12) - good for 2 to 3 pax. I would prefer if there were more salted fish, and maybe if the bean sprouts were less 'cooked':





Thank you 8 Crabs for the yummy dinner! :D


8 Crabs Seafood Kitchen
https://8crabs.com/shop/

Tel: +65 8725 0725 (Whatsapp only, no calls)
* They have a one-driver-to-an-order policy across their 12 kitchens island-wide to uphold their promise of One-Hour Crab Delivery.

No comments :

Post a Comment