Instagram @ lovethekisses

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Kilo at Pact @ Orchard Central | Mad Nest

Our dinner for 2 at Kilo yesterday:







Fresh Apple Juice (S$6):



Kilo's Burger (S$21) - this has one of the most special patties I've ever eaten. It's made with coconut milk and peanuts, and although I don't fancy coconut milk, I really like the sensation of the patty + peanuts + coconut milk mixture. Makes chewing very addictive too haha. Thumbs upppppp! Served with fries, which were a little too salty imo:





12Hr Pork Belly rice bowl (S$17) - served with niigata rice, sweet corn, radish, wasabi sprouts and tomatoes. The pork cubes have little fats and are really delicious, but the whole dish's portion could be bigger:





Mentaiko Pasta (S$18) - spaghetti tossed with cod roe, spring onions and shoyu. So far I've tried mentaiko pastas from 3 different places, and I still love the one at Five & Dime the most! (Not because I work there, but really, please go try it if you haven't!):










Kilo at Pact
181 Orchard Road, Orchard Central
#02-16/17/18/19, Singapore 238896

Tues - Sun: 11:00am - 10:00pm (closed between 3:00pm to 5.30pm)
Brunch menu available on weekends only
Tel: +65 6884 7560

------------------------------------------------------

Thursday: My 2nd visit to Mad Nest, this time with Chef and 2 of my Five & Dime colleagues. I went back because I really love their Jap food, especially their Maki. Thanks Chef for the dinner! :)

(This picture taken from their FB page):




Sashimi Moriawase ($S18) - my favourite salmon, tuna and swordfish belly sashimi. Freshly sliced! Even Jarence who doesn't like sashimi claimed these were actually not bad:





Fried Salmon skin - I think this was their special for that day/week. Really crispy, but a little too salty for my liking:



Oishii Maki (S$16) - grilled eel and roasted salmon with avocado and homemade mayo. Really oishii!:



Kani Karaage Maki (S$10) - soft-shell crab:



Saba Shio Sumibiyaki (S$12) - grilled mackerel with salt. I really love saba fish so I finished most of this up haha:





Sashimi, Fried Salmon skin, Oishii Maki, Kani Karaage Maki, Ura Maki (S$10), Volcano Maki (S$16), Chawanmushi (S$4), Saba Shio and Kamachi Kawa (seasonal pricing).
Ordered another Tamada Ramen (S$12) to share with Jarence, but I ended up finishing 3/4 of it because he couldn't take it anymore haha.
Fullest dinner of my life.

*They've downsized their menu such that they are left with only Japanese and Northen Indian cuisine.


Mad Nest
378/380 East Coast Road, Singapore 428986

Mon - Fri: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Sat, Sun & Public Holiday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Tel: +65 6348 6861

6 comments :

  1. Hi wenhui!! does the Oishii Maki taste like the Shiok Maki? It looks similar! reading your blog always makes me hungry haha T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Estella!! Sorry I can't help you with that cos I've never tried the Shiok Maki! :( Hahaha but the one at Mad Nest's good!
      And why haven't you been blogging!!!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! Do you mind if I save some of your pictures and repost it on mine? I will credit you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you!
      Hmmm would you mind showing me your blog first? :)

      Delete
  3. Haha. Another food post. Damn the food looks good. But expensive quite expensive for small portions x(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA oops sorry that's usually what I (only) do when I go out. But I've a few non-food posts coming up soon! :)
      Yeah, food's good so at least the price is still justifiable hehe.

      Delete