Instagram @ lovethekisses

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

[REVIEW] Freshkon Alluring Eyes 1-day Lenses



I've started wearing contact lenses ever since Secondary 2, mainly because of the numerous dance performances that required me to be spectacles-free for aesthetic purposes. Since then, I've tried a few brands (e.g. Acuvue, Bausch & Lomb) as well as a few types (dailies/monthlies/weeklies) of lenses but they were the usual clear soft lenses.

I was pretty excited when Cozycot approached me with a 10-day trial of Freshkon® Alluring Eyes 1-Day lenses. I've never dared to venture into coloured contacts because I found them too harsh.





There are 3 colours to choose from: Winsome Brown, Mystical Black and Magnetic Grey; I chose Winsome brown because it is the closest to my natural eye colour and also the most subtle one in my opinion:


My eyes, after wearing the cosmetic lenses:





The lenses were easy to remove from the packaging and they fit readily onto my eyes. They contain 58% water content for comfort as well as Hyaluronic Acid (HA) for optimum ocular lubrication and hydration, thus enhancing comfort and clarity.
However, I felt pretty uncomfortable initially because the lenses seemed to be shifting around my irises. I could see the brown portions of the lenses wherever I look and this kind of blurred up my vision. My right eye also felt discomfort and teared a little before slowly adapting to the lens. As the day proceeded, I felt a little better but I could still feel the lenses in my eyes.

On the aesthetics side, these lenses do create the effect of bigger, brighter and more alluring eyes. I think they look really natural too!:





Freshkon® Alluring Eyes 1-Day lenses are really hygenic as you can dispose them daily and wear a fresh pair everyday. Such convenience! They also have a UV inhibitor function that blocks 80% of UVA and 96% of UVB. However, they are not designed for astigmatism so this could be a problem for users with high powers of astigmatism.

To read more about the Freshkon® Alluring Eyes lenses, head on to www.freshkon.com!


P.S. I had a thorough eye check-up at Paris Miki @ Bugis Junction before collecting the lenses, supposedly to see if my eyes were suitable for wearing them. However the optician didn't mention anything about the results of the checkup and simply collected my $10 consultation fee. Before the checkup began, I also mentioned some problems regarding removing lenses from my right eye, but she didn't follow up on it after the checkup either. I know I could have asked her on my part, but shouldn't the optician at least initiated sooomething...?

No comments :

Post a Comment