Instagram @ lovethekisses

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mum's birthday @ Five & Dime Eatery | Jon's birthday

Last Saturday my family celebrated Mum's birthday at Five & Dime!:





Paparazzi-ed by my colleagues hahahah. And yeah, my parents don't like their faces to appear on my social medias, so....:





A really rich Decadent Chocolate (S$12) milkshake + Strawberry Lemonade specially made by Leon!:



Calamari (S$8) - crispy calamari with homemade tartar sauce. I love love love F&D's calamari! So crispy on the outside and chewy inside! I'm not a fan of tartar sauce but I've heard it's good too:



Big Brekkie (S$22) - a really filling breakfast with scrambled/sunny side-up eggs, crispy pork bacon, baked beans, chicken sausages (hidden under the bacon strips), sautéed mushrooms and thick toasts. My brother loved the scrambled eggs a loooot hahaha. Oh and don't be deceived by the looks of the toasts! They have crispy exteriors and are really soft inside:



Eggs Benny (S$16) - 2 perfectly poached eggs on soft baguette with sliced wagyu fillet (which my father replaced with bacon), served with breakfast potatoes, fruit salad and mesclun greens. The breakfast potatoes are crunchy and slightly peppery, with bacon bits mixed inside which make them special! The baguette's soft and sweet and many customers have actually complimented on it as well:



Spinach Tamago (S$16) - Japanese sautéed spinach omelette atop a slice of thick toast, served with breakfast potatoes, fruit salad and mesclun greens. When I 1st tried a bite of this last year, I knew I had to order it when I come for brunch the next time. The tamago's thick, fluffy, slightly sweet and together with the hollandaise sauce, they go really well with the generous portion of spinach buried within:



Fish & Chips (S$20) - battered shark catfish fillets with hand-cut fries. Have I mentioned these are the only fish & chips I like to eat?? I hate the usual fish & chips because they are dry, airy and doughy and I've never understood why people love them so much. These are the total opposites:



Mentaiko Pasta (S$18) - spaghetti tossed in creamy mentaiko and topped with more cod fish roe. One of the must-orders here! This signature dish's quite a hit-or-miss though: if you aren't a fan of fishy tastes you'd probably hate this, but 90% of the people are a huge fan of it - myself included! This portion of the pasta is usually not enough for me hahaha:



Waffles (S$15) - served with 2 scoops of ice-cream, strawberries, caramelised bananas and maple syrup:





Creme Brûlée (S$12) - flavour of the day was Chamomile! I love the subtle aroma of the tea leaves:



And we celebrated Mum's birthday with a Golden Custard Lava Cake (S$12) which is so chocolatey and custard-y at the same time yumyum:





Yay we get to keep this photo taken by my wonderful F&D colleagues. Go have your birthdays celebrated there and have your pictures taken too! :)




Five & Dime Eatery
297 River Valley Road, Singapore 238338

Mon - Thurs: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Sat: 10:00am - 12:00am
Sun: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Tel: +65 9236 5002






Went on to celebrate Jon's 21st birthday with the F&D peeps @ Jon's house:







Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting! Lovingly made by Jo:







Hope you had a wonderful 21st, Mr Muscle Man/Buffrista! :D

No comments :

Post a Comment