Instagram @ lovethekisses

Monday, July 13, 2015

Oh My Bacon (OMB) @ Dunlop Street

Finally had a full #brunchdategirls cast after soooo long! And again, we met up not for brunch but for dinner hahaha. Time to change name.
We ate at this relatively new cafe called OMB which sells almost everything bacon! It went straight into my To-go list after I knew of its opening heheh I looooove bacon:







I wasn't expecting such a bright and funky decor (I walked right past it while looking for the cafe lol). I like how they have very interesting artworks and signages:











One of the co-owners' son! So cute:





Hahahah:





Bacon Jam Session (S$12) - toasted baguette slices served with a dollop of whisky-infused bacon jam. $12 for this is a little overpriced in my opinion... but nevertheless I quite liked this combination:



Bacon & Egg Cups (S$12) - mini eggs with sun-dried tomatoes in a bacon cup, served on a bed of rosti. We ordered 2 sets of this to share since they were bite-sized. They were SOOO GOOD. 1 cup each was definitely not enough!!!





Bacon Love, Truly (S$14) - their version of the BLT (originally bacon, lettuce, tomato) with a choice of classic, candied - which we got - or spicy bacon served in pita bread with bacon jam. I didn't know there was mayonnaise on it so I was a little turned-off, and in general there wasn't anything special about this:





Beef & Bacon Cheeseburger (S$17) - with beef patty, cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles in between toasted sesame buns. Served with a huge bucket of Paprika Fries which were very well-seasoned:





Bacon Bomb (S$28) - and it really WAS the bomb. A combination of pork, beef, bacon and cheese all rolled together into this massive spheroid structure which was super delicious! Served with some yummy mashed potatoes on the side:





Woohooo look at thaaaatt:



Cabonara (S$15) - pasta with eggs, cheese and bacon based on a non-creamy, traditional Italian recipe. I wouldn't normally agree to having Cabonara because I hate cream-based pastas, but thankfully this was a non-creamy (and slightly dry) version and I enjoyed it very much!
If you're a fan of chilli, you can also request for a spicy version of this!:







Don't know why we decided to stand up to take this photo hahaha. Anyway can you guess our outfit theme for that night?? :D



Jekyll & Hyde (S$12) - bacon strips dipped in dark (we all picked this!) / white chocolate. Was expecting something out of this as it looks so sinfully good, but we found the bittersweet-and-salty combination a little strange:



The girls celebrated my belated + Bev's advanced birthdays with 2 cakes! :D

We had the Bacon Brownie (S$4.50) which comes with the option of a scoop of Vanilla / Bacon ice-cream (S$8/S$9). We had the latter which was interesting with the bacon bits, but I can't figure out the base flavour of the ice-cream. The brownie was really rich and chewy too:



The Cheesecake (S$5) was surprisingly good for me. I loved how it melted in the mouth:





Bev and I each received a birthday gift from OMB! So sweet :)



Photo time! "Is there anything on my teeth??":







Thank you girls! :D




Oh My Bacon! (OMB)
7 Dunlop Street, Singapore 209337

Tues - Fri: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Tel: +65 6635 2633

No comments :

Post a Comment