Instagram @ lovethekisses

Sunday, June 28, 2020

[REVIEW] 8 Durian

If you remembered my review for 8 Crabs, they have recently sent me durians from their sister site, 8 Durian!
Each box contains 450g (+/- 10g) of wholesome durian flesh and seeds, with the durians freshly plucked everyday from old trees (15 years and older).

The containers were nicely heat sealed, but were unfortunately stored in the fridge for a couple for hours before I returned home (I wasn't expecting the delivery to be so fast hahaha - thumbs up for efficiency), resulting in this not-so-pleasing condensation oops:



Kept the 2nd box of 'AAA' unopened for my Mum who wasn't home that day.
left: Black Gold; right: AAA





Premium Mao Shan Wang ‘AAA Grade’ (S$42.90) - we ordered 2 boxes of these (only 1 shown here). The flesh was rich, creamy and sweet, with a slight bitter aftertaste. This taste combination is usually what I go for when I eat durians!





Did you know...? An authentic MSW should have long flesh and small seeds (checked!), and to be graded as an AAA Mao Shan Wang durian, the shell should be consistently round - any single protrusion is unacceptable.
Would love to see the roundness of this, but the durians came shell-less, so... too bad hahaha.

Premium Black Gold Durian (S$47.90) - it was my first time trying 'Black Gold'... this species is supposedly an enhanced version of their premium Mao Shan Wang durians, but there was a weird bitter-bland mix to it which I didn't like.
My father enjoyed eating this though! He cleared most of the Black Gold while I cleared the AAA hehe:







Predominantly small seeds such as the one seen here (pardon the messiness haha):




8 Durian provides fresh large shipment from their Pahang plantation, which arrives daily at 10am and 6pm.
They provide same-day delivery as well as express delivery!


8 Durian
https://8durian.com/
sales@8durian.com
Tel: +65 6853 8249 (ext. 248) / WhatsApp: +65 8555 3702

No comments :

Post a Comment