Instagram @ lovethekisses

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Our minds are our worst enemies.





I love this maxi so much I was willing to buy another piece of it because the previous one got lost in the mail. I ended up getting a grey version of it too.

----------------------

“ I am jealous of those who think more deeply, who write better, who draw better, who look better, who live better, who love better than I.
—SYLVIA PLATH

We can never feel good about ourselves, can we? It's always about competing with others about our looks, our popularity, our success, our talents and what-nots. The competition never ends, and social media only perpetuates this even more. This ends up making everyone feel terrible and inferior just because our friends or some stranger seem to be better than us in every other way. So we end up changing ourselves or doing things that we usually don't, just to gain the likes of others. But what do we really achieve eventually? Are we really happy after doing all these? Or do we continue to crave for even more, because we can never seem to be satisfied with what we already have? I don't deny that I've never felt really upset when I can't seem to please others or get them to like me, and sometimes I feel stupid being this way because I'm only making myself feel worse with these negative and irrational thoughts. Our minds are our worst enemies, they say. All I need to do is stop comparing myself to others and I will be happy with the life I am living.
But it's always easier said than done, isn't it?

2 comments :

  1. I don't know about you, but if any girls are comparing themselves to you I would like to say good luck to them trying to out do you. You really don't have to compare with others, because in my eyes (and many others) you are already perfect. That said, I know you have to feel this way to feel secure, but maybe it is because you still feel flawed that makes you so beautiful. You do not put yourself on a pedestal and present yourself humbly in front of others. I do not need other people to tell me how lucky I am to have you, because I know that. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't think any girls are comparing themselves to me because I'm not of any 'high quality material' that they have to feel inferior about themselves! It's more like me comparing myself to others who are more popular and prettier. I guess you're the only one who can say that about me ('still feel flawed that makes you so beautiful') because noone else sees me like you do haha, so it's not really a fair judgment ;)

      But anyway thanks for making me feel better like always <3

      Delete