Instagram @ lovethekisses

Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Laneway Market @ Tanjong Katong Road

April and May had been such busy months it was so hard to keep up with this space. June is going to be worse D:
It has also been verrrrry long since I last intentionally cafe-hopped, but I managed to squeeze in 2 hours last week for lunch with Amelyn and Cherine @ The Laneway Market! :)









Iced Latte - this came in a smaller-than-expected glass (the exact one our iced water was served in) which was disappointing:



Iced Sea Salt Chocolate (S$6) - fortunately our iced chocolates came in taller glasses, but we couldn't make out the sea salt at all :( I've even forgotten about its existence thinking I was just drinking a usual chocolate drink haha. It was still good though... but I ordered it to try out the sea salt combination:



Truffle Fries (S$12) - this came in a huge portion with generous toppings of parmesan cheese and olives (I think?). I thought they were pretty normal at first, but it became more and more addictive after that:





Sous Vide Egg (S$10) - wtih zucchini arrabbiata, mushrooms, toasts and a choice of bacon / chicken chipolata. I liked the concept of this, it's so cute! It was like opening up to a surprise within haha. It also had an interesting taste... like eating Mexican food:









Amelyn and I each ordered a set of fluffy French Toast (S$14) with caramelised bananas, bacon strips, toasted almonds, granola bits and topped with banana toffee sauce. First bite into it and we both went "Mmmm... yummy!". One of the best french toasts I've had! I really liked the granola-almond-sauce mix too.
The bacon was rock hard though... they ran out of pork bacon so they got them replaced with turkey bacon which apparently was this hard:











We were coincidentally in white!:







OOTD:




The Laneway Market
266 Tanjong Katong Road, Singapore 437053

Tues: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Wed - Fri: 11:00am - 9:30pm
Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 9:30pm
Tel: +65 67198832

------------------------

While you're reading this I'll be at TRDO Chapter 5's Heats @ SMU! Hopefully my team gets into the Finals........!!
And I'll be flying off to Jakarta in the evening. See you when I'm back next week :D

No comments :

Post a Comment